Tim, I know this probably sounds silly, but that little hover fly is cute. Are they good for the plants or bad for them? I hope good. Nice photos as always. Kat
Not at all, Kat. Sadly these wonderful insects are often mis/under-represented as they are wasp and bee mimics (though they don't sting or bite). They are great for gardens as their young (like ladybirds) are voracious eaters of aphids.
I too love this early spring type - it looks for the world like a flying pom-pom :)
2 comments:
Tim,
I know this probably sounds silly, but that little hover fly is cute. Are they good for the plants or bad for them? I hope good. Nice photos as always.
Kat
Not at all, Kat. Sadly these wonderful insects are often mis/under-represented as they are wasp and bee mimics (though they don't sting or bite). They are great for gardens as their young (like ladybirds) are voracious eaters of aphids.
I too love this early spring type - it looks for the world like a flying pom-pom :)
Tim
Post a Comment